By Jeremy Rochow
Last updated on: February 13, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Think you know a modified T-intersection from a regular one? How about who gives way at a roundabout? Here’s your chance to prove yourself, with our hardest-ever road rules quiz.
Answer every question correctly and you can claim your throne as ruler of the road. Keep track of your progress as you go, and see below the quiz for a link to the answers.
1. Who gives way in this situation?
A. The blue car, as it’s at a give way sign
B. The green car, because it’s at a stop sign
C. The blue car, because it’s turning right
2. You’re walking across the road, phone in hand, sending a text to a friend. Have you committed an offence?
3. In what order should these road users go?
A. Green car, blue car, pedestrians
B. Blue car, pedestrians, green car
C. Blue car and pedestrians at the same time, green car
4. When do you need to keep left on a multi-lane road?
B. When the speed limit is over 80km/h
D. When there’s a keep left unless overtaking sign
E. In scenario B and D
5. The red car and blue car both want to merge into the centre lane at the same time. Which car do you think can move first?
A. The red car
B. The blue car
6. What’s the default speed limit on country roads?
7. In which order should these cars go?
A. Red, blue, yellow
B. Blue, red, yellow
C. Yellow, blue, red
8. You must cross at a designated crossing if you are within:
A. 100m of the crossing
B. 20m of the crossing
C. 50m of the crossing
D. 70m of the crossing
9. In what order should these road users go?
A. Blue car, red car, pedestrians
B. Pedestrians, red car, blue car
C. Red car, blue car, pedestrians
10. In which of these scenarios can a motorist cross to the other side of the road?
A. 4 and 5
B. 1, 2, 4 and 5
C. 1, 2, and 5
D. All of them
11. Who has to give way when cars are parked on the side of the street?
A. The blue car
B. The red car
12. Can you be fined for being more than 3m away from your car without removing the key from the ignition or locking the door?
13. In SA, what speed do you need to slow down to when passing a school bus that’s picking up passengers?
14. In what order should these cars go?
A. Yellow, red, green, blue
B. Green, blue, yellow, red
C. Red, blue, yellow, green
D. Blue, red, yellow, green